EXERCISE YOUR OPTIONS
Whatever your sporting passion, you can pursue it – and perhaps discover new ones – at Newport Beach Club. You'll enjoy the use of exceptional facilities and the attention of professional staff, whether you're rallying with friends on one of four Har-Tru tennis courts, mastering your backstroke in our Olympic-size lap pool, or playing 18 on the true seaside links course at neighboring The Carnegie Abbey Club.
PRIVATE BEACH CLUBOur private pool complex just steps from the beach offers an array of resort goodies beginning with the landscaped gardens surrounding our pool decks and poolside cabanas for relaxing with family & friends.
- 25m Olympic-size Lap Pool
- Direct Beachfront Pool with Tanning Shelf
- Children’s wading pool, fountain & play area
- Beachfront Fire Pit and Private Beach with spectacular views
- The Sand Bar restaurant & bar with poolside service
- Sailing, swimming, kayaking, & paddle boarding
EQUESTRIANThere is no sport quite like riding to combine old world elegance and grace, timeless nobility, and modern character and confidence building. Riders can enjoy all the pleasures of riding in a setting of unequalled beauty at Newport Beach Club, whether in our indoor and outdoor riding rings or out on rustic trails through the windswept hills.
- Indoor & outdoor riding rings surfaced with proper footings to accommodate all equestrian disciplines
- Expert instruction for riders of all skill levels
- Beginner to Advanced competition instruction
- Beachfront riding trails
- Riding and walking trails through beautiful wooded areas overlooking the Narragansett Bay
- Full service boarding stables
TENNIS & PADDLE CLUBNewport is not only the birthplace of tennis in America, it’s also where the sport grew up. Newport is home to the nation’s first tennis club, and the International Tennis Hall of Fame. Newport Beach Club continues the area’s historical connection with exceptional facilities, competitive match play for members, professional clinics, private lessons, and an active junior program. And, of course the simple joy of just rallying with friends.
- Four Har-Tru tennis courts, brilliantly lit for night play
- Two paddle tennis courts with heated surfaces for year-round play
- Round robins, tournaments, and leagues available for all adults and children
- Lessons and clinics with USTA tennis professionals
- Warming hut with lounge and restroom facilities
WATER SPORTSThere are salt water people and there are pool people… and all of them can play and live happily together at Newport Beach Club. You can exercise your aquatic options is so many ways here: Take a morning swim in the ocean-side pool, or go for a sunset kayak ride on Narragansett Bay; take the whole crew out for a bracing sail, or enjoy the solitude of a quiet paddle board excursion.
- Paddle Boarding
GOLFGolf is one of the pillars of the Aquidneck Island lifestyle, and the centerpiece of the neighboring The Carnegie Abbey Club, where a variety of membership options are available to residents of Newport Beach Club. The waterfront links-style golf course was designed by Donald Steel, one of the great names in modern golf course architecture. Steel’s ingenious course layout takes full advantage of its sea-side location, providing dramatic and ever-changing views of Narragansett Bay.
- Seaside links course designed by Donald Steel
- Professional lessons for golfers of all levels from PGA Director of Golf Jimmy DiMarino and his team of Assistant Professionals
- Full-service, multi-tee practice range
- Dedicated short-game area
- Two practice putting greens
FITNESSLiving well at Newport Beach Club includes literally living well: here, one can pursue a regimen of health and fitness throughout the year. The club’s fitness center and staff are at your disposal to keep you in top shape, or help you get there. And, of course, you have the fitness center’s ever-changing views of Narragansett Bay to inspire you.
- Spectacular waterfront fitness center with panoramic views of Narragansett Bay
- Treadmills, stair machines, bicycles, free weights, and Life Fitness equipment
- Personal training available
- Refreshments and towel service